Today 7th December 2016 marks the first anniversary of the coronation of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, and what a year it has been! By far the best looking and amiable Oba in Africa in memorable history, his every movement has been very closely watched , and praised or criticised by all of us.
So what has the Ooni done in his one year on the throne of Ife?
Kabiyesi has been unrelenting in his promise to unite Yorubas worldwide and also in making Ile Ife a centre point for tourism in Africa.
Before we come to the list of things Ooni has done, can you recognise the young man in these photos?
Well done if you guessed at the first picture.
Here along with our favourite photos of Ooni, is a list of his achievements since his coronation. Kabiyesi……
His Imperial Majesty Kabiyesi Ooni Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi in the first 12 months of his reign has built or set up :
- Olokun park Scheme 1 & 2, an estate of 500 housing units of different categories along Ibadan road Ile-Ife in the state of Osun that will shelter hundreds of youths.
- Multi-billion naira Ife Grand Resort and Leisure outfit which is presently an ongoing project.
- N60 million “Olofin Adimula” intercity mass transit geared towards reducing cost of transportation.
- One Million Cocoa Trees Nursery For Youth Empowerment, a development which is the first of its kind in Nigeria, with a view to creating jobs for 100,000 youths and the thousands of widows who are victims of the settled communal war between Ife and Modakeke some years ago.
- Hectares of cashew plantation in Ogudu, Ile-Ife, Osun State in conjunction with Osun state government and Federal ministry of Agriculture.
- First Ife Youth Agro-entrepreneurship Summit, in Partnership with BOI To Train 150 Youths On Agro-Processing.
- Ojaja II Musical Talent Hunt and Concert,
A unique talent hunt aimed at showcasing authentic tribal music with the aim of bringing forward the latent talent of young Nigerians.
- Erecting a Moremi Statue in Ile- Ife: A Symbol of Yoruba Aesthetics, Standing at 45 feet and the third tallest statue in Africa, Moremi’s statue of liberty was erected locally by 200 youths and all the materials used were sourced locally from the 774 local government areas in Nigeria.
- Ooni’s visits to other Obas in and outside the country to show his humility and the need for peace and unity amongst the black people.
- Developmental projects he embarked on that even the blind will know Ife is no longer the same.
- Various youth empowerment that includes Queen Moremi Ajasoro beauty pageant to mention a few.
Here is to decades and decades of accomplishments and successful reign!