Check out our authentic Yoruba Adire fabric, Yoruba Iyun beads, Yoruba handpainted Kampala fabric, watercolour paintings of traditional scenes. Direct from Yoruba communities, delivered straight to your door. We ship worldwide. Secure payments via Worldpay, Shopify payments, Amazon payments or Paypal. 30 day return policy.
Most items ship within 48 hours
Elegant and traditional Iyun jewellery
Handmade Iyun beads are a prominent feature of Yoruba culture and were among the oldest local beads excavated in vast quantities from the tomb of an Oba at a site near Ile Ife in the early 1900s. These Iyun beads are still made with the same ancient traditional methods from many centuries before European contact.
It is still common to see little children wearing nothing but a string of Iyun waist beads, whilst young women wear them underneath their clothing.
HATS & SCARVES
Our 2017 Summer Hats Are Here
Great hats for Summer or for your holidays , Yoruba Accent© hats are made from 100% cotton, lightweight and cool in warm weather
The best thing is that they are made with Adire or Kampala Fabric all the way from Osogbo.
- Patterned shawls hand dyed the ancient Yoruba way using corn starch resist method in Osun state .
- Lightweight, gorgeously soft and warm
- Adire symbols each have a special meaning.
- Multi use, shawl, sarong, neck scarf, head scarf
- 172 cm length , 72 cm width The lightweight shawl is gorgeously soft and warm, with fringed edges
Traditional Yoruba Scenes and Objects in Watercolour , by Akintunde John
- Nostalgic scenes captured in watercolour by the master painter Akintunde O John
- 30 x 21 cm
- Perfect for smaller frames